Sunday, June 19, 2011

all dogs go to heaven

in the middle of running the ragnar i received some very sad news.
my grandma and grandpa had just gone out of town for a few days to visit my uncle, and they put their dog, pennie in a kennel while they were gone since no one else lives at their house. pennie got super stressed when they were not there with her, and passed away :(
my grandparents got pennie almost ten years ago right after my puppy died. pennie was the perfect dog for my grandparents. she was always so loving and sweet and very calm when she wanted to be.
about 5 years ago, pennie actually got hit by a car and dragged underneath for 15 feet. it broke both her hips but she was tough and she survived. she was in such good shape too, she was getting white hairs around her face but she didn't seem like she was an old dog at all. i guess she just got scared being away from her owners.
i absolutely loved pennie. she was huge and cuddly and always held my hand. i cant imagine going to visit my grandparents and her not being there :( it breaks my heart that she is gone. and it hurts even more knowing how sad my grandparents are. they loved that dog so much. the only thing that helps me feel somewhat better, is that all dogs go to heaven.


pennie, make sure you go find candie and tell her i love her. i'll miss you a lot :( you were the best dog my grandparents could have gotten.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! thats so sad, hope your okay... rip pennie and candie!! xx

    ReplyDelete