Sunday, October 30, 2011

halloween half marathon

WOW!!
i am actually not dead.. which is surprising after running 3 races in 2 weeks. but i definitely am sore and my body is just drained. i guess i had to expect that though..
well the halloween half was in provo and we decided to get a real nice suite at super 8 in provo so we didn't have to make the long drive to cougar-town the morning of the race. (great idea on my mom's part!)
kayla and i woke up about 4:30 to start doing our ZOMBIE make up! good thing we did too, cause it took a while to get ready. there were buses that were driving runners to the start line and we got to the mall just as the last bus of a group was leaving. So we sat and waited in line for over an hour just for the buses to come and get us. And let me tell you, it was freaking freezing! kayla and i didn't really prepare for anything but the run.. haha figures. once we finally got up to the top of the canyon we only had another hour wait til the race started and luckily there was a giant heated tent for the runners to wait in so we didn't all freeze to death. some people had some pretty creative costumes i was very impressed!
well finally 9:00 came around and so we got ready to start and off we ran. for 13.1 miles. ugh!!
i was frozen for probably the first half of it but i warmed up and was very grateful i didn't have a million layers on while i was running because i got pretty hot.
for the moab half marathon my goal was to finish the race in under 2 hours.. which didn't happen.
at this race, they had pacers that were holding up signs the whole run that said approximately when they were going to finish. I tried to stay ahead of the 2:00 pace man the whole time just so i could ensure to finish this race by my goal time! there was one point at mile 11 where i just had to walk for a minute or two and i told myself i will walk til i get to that pole up ahead, well right when i started walking the 2:00 pacer guy ran past me and i just had to start right back up!
i crossed the finish line probably 5 seconds after him but i didn't look at the timer so i had no idea what my time was!
once they posted the results i stumbled over and saw my time was 1:59:24!! I FINISHED IN UNDER 2 HOURS!! i was so happy that i beat my goal time and on my third race in two weeks!
it was such a great feeling to accomplish something like that.
i am super glad to be done with races for a little while ha my body needs to recoop and maybe in a few months i will be ready for a few more!
here's a picture of kayla and i before the race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment