Tuesday, May 31, 2011

memorial day

this memorial day was the first time i have ever actually done what the point of the holiday is..
usually i am out of town or doing something else on this day that i never have time or remember to visit the graves of my loved ones.
well this memorial day was different. i haven't been out of the house much since my surgery so it was a real good change to go out and visit the cemeteries. my sister and mom and i bought a few flowers and went to my grandma alexander's grave, my grandma hintze's grave and my cousin austin's grave.

it was really nice to see the graves even though cemeteries aren't my first choice of a place to visit.
i enjoyed putting the flowers on the graves; i know that my family members were feeling special up in heaven and loved the beautiful flowers.
it also made me think about all of them a lot and made me miss each one of them.
even though i dont get around much to visit those graves they are special to me. :)
hope everyone had a wonderful memorial day and got around to visit their loved ones who are no longer with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment