Friday, May 20, 2011

the scoop

Today I had my surgery. This has been something I have NOT been looking forward to for the last couple weeks. Well... I did i
I couldn't eat or drink anything after midnight last night so by 11:45 this morning I was very very hungry. We got to the hospital and filled out some forms, i had to give them a sample of my pee but since I hadn't been drinking I had to just pee in some tupper wear at my house and bring it with me. Pretty gnarly.
They put me in this little waiting room, gave me hospital clothes, took my blood pressure and got a little blood sample. Then we just had to wait foreverrr. I was starving and anxious and just wanted to get it over with so after an hour and a half of waiting the doctor finally came and explained everything to us. Then the guy came in who was going to knock me out. That was what I was most worried about because I would be awake for it! I had to use the bathroom again because I was so nervous so I asked him if I could hurry and use it and he said of course. But someone was using it so he decided it would be a great idea to put the IV in before i used the bathroom.
I was tripping because I really hate needles. It was pretty easy though getting the iv it didn't hurt too bad but I was really terrified of the though of it. He said it would be smart to have my mom go to the restroom with me and it really was. While I was sitting on the toilet I fainted! My mom was holding on to me and when I woke up I seriously thought I was already done with the surgery.. but I was just sitting on the toilet Haha. After I was done the man walked me to the surgery room and as we were walking to the room I fainted again! I just really do not like thinking about needles going into my veins. Once I woke up again I was laying in the bed with an oxygen thing over my face and they were telling me to take deep breaths until I got knocked out. That's the last remember until I woke up when it was all over. They fed me some popsicles and were taking care of me for a couple hours and then my mom got to chex me out and now I'm home just trying to relax and keep my throat moist and not touching my nose. I am in quite a bit of pain but I figured that would be the case. I am going to watch some movies now but that's how my little surgery went!

No comments:

Post a Comment