Sunday, April 3, 2011

spring break 2011

my spring break this year did not consist of getting crazy with the besties in some tropical area, laying out on the beach and catching rays. i spent it this year with my family on the east coast and i wouldn't have had it any other way. my brother is stationed in washington dc for the air force so my mom and i flew out there and spent a few days in his hotel where he has been living and did lots of walking around dc. 2 of my uncles also flew out and us five ran the national half marathon in dc. it was awesome, although my legs were very tired after about 10 miles since we had been doing so much walking around the previous days. my time was 2 hours and 5 minutes. a minute faster then my last half marathon i ran in moab that was my only goal to beat my last time! and i did YAY ME. after washington dc we drove up to baltimore to meet up with my aunt and we then took a bus to new york city. we got to go to 2 broadway shows and it was amazing. i saw the lion king and i honestly cried. it was the most amazing thing i have ever seen! lion king has always been my favorite disney show so i absolutely loved it. we bought purses from street vendors, and visited ground zero, china town, little italy, walked across the brooklyn bridge, went to the top of empire state building, saw the statue of liberty, went into rockfeller plaza and ate TONS of delicious ny food. after a couple days there we drove to philidelphia and saw a few historic things like the liberty bell and stuff like that and also had a philly cheesesteak sandwich. this trip was so much fun and i wish i would have had a few more days to spend in each place because there is so much to do there. it was good to see all of my aunts and uncles and my brother as well. here's some pictures from the trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment